Friday, October 8, 2010

Saturday

Saturday. Classes are in session. Enough said. The weather continues to get colder, but both Christina and I enjoy wearing sweaters so it is a nice fit. The "die" or "death" bike, inscribed with the number 4 is still around, and compared to mine it is a smooth riding machine. Interestingly, I was out a few weeks ago on my bike and inquired about some oil for my chain because it squeaks like a mouse caught in a trap. The mathematician in me knows that my peddling efficiency is way under the acceptable value, and so I asked for some chain oil to increase my peddling efficiency. The response was curious at best, "oil, why would you put on oil, its sooooo dirty here that it will only help for a day before attracting more dust/dirt and then you'd have a real mess on your hands." So I squeak on, but I'm wondering how much longer I can hack it, because Christina's bike peddles sooooooo much nicer than mine. Secretly, when I have to go run errands on my own, I take the '4' bike, because its an Aston Martin compared to my old beater Datsun (no offence Lenny Pop).

Tonight we go and see the apartment. We asked that it be cleaned, that some curtains be changed, that some furniture be removed and that the internet be ready to go. We'll go investigate and hopefully by mid next week we'll be all settled in, emailing, blogging and skyping with a new found gusto and letting you all know how very thankful we are for you; our families, friends and acquaintances on this Thanksgiving weekend and everyday;)

What are you all Thankful for??

2 comments:

mom said...

I am THANKFUL for my family!!!!!!
love mom

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and getting excited for you. It is huge but has a great feel even from afar. We are thankful for the two of you and our families.LYL