Thursday, November 4, 2010

COMPUTERS!!!!

They are so simple in Canada and so complicated everywhere else! My lack of posting lately has been due to computer challenges, frustrating, yes, but inevitable. Otherwise, my time has been spent in front of my other computer, full of report cards, comments, grades and bell curves. Yowee! I think I am going cross-eyed with all the craziness. Grades and packages of report cards are due next week, and I am also trying to keep on top of my marketing students who are in the midst of organizing and promoting an Art Exhibition at the school, as well as get ready for a BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE course.....HOME ECONOMICS!!!! (Food and Nutrition) Yes, I have been pitching it to our principal for the last month and now, oh lovely, now, I have to actually carry it out. So I am revamping and preparing an old science room into a cooking lab. I am designing course material for an 10 week course, and I am hoping and praying that the fridge and hot plates and toaster ovens show up someday.....that is the hope. I am happy to have this opportunity because it means I can get formal teaching experience doing something I love, but this is quite RAW experience if you ask me. Not to mention the severe lack of English teaching resources and materials in China. But the internet is fantastic, when it is working.

In other news, we are LOVING our apartment and most recently, our new, less loud, curtains. I light cream color that subtly fits into the room. The little bits and pieces that we are doing to improve on our home are coming along, making us feel settled. Bit by bit we are making our mark and making it ours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina! Try and find Leslie Beck on line. She is a Dietician/Nutritionist that we watch on Canada AM. I'll check the Web. Do you want "Joy of Cooking"?? Maybe it is online. You go girl - make things happen. Hope you took your Ginger Snap recipe -then you can talk about your Gran. Gosh how I miss her of late.
LYL.AND love to the Pool Boy!