Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back to work

Here we are, the night before another day another dollar. We are back to work tomorrow after a nice week off, though more than half of mine was spent on report cards and getting ready for term 2. YIKES!!! Term two already. My class has shrunk from 19 students to 10 (most of the time, sometimes there are three cute little Korean ESL kids that join in for Math class, no English but adorable smiles and delightful giggles.) 10 is heaven, though I am still taking all 19 for science and social studies, at the moment, but at the end of this week it will be my ultimate treat, with just the 10 and me. The tough part is that I still have to do report cards for all 19 for this first term....and I lose 3 weeks assessment time for half of them.....plus some other time for some this and thats at the beginning of the semester, are you following? Cuz I don't think I am:) Anyways, after this first term reports hopefully I will find life to be a little lighter and a little easier. The students are still so cute and I love seeing their smiling faces everyday. There is no shortage of tattles and "he did this" and "she did that" but they are still so stinkin in cute! Makes my day exciting, makes me feel like I can participate in someone's life and affect that little being in a positive way somehow with a simple "well, what do you feel about that?" or "let's talk about it together". Simple things, simple conversations, these, even the tough ones, get me through each day. Mini people are so full of life its great:)

1 comment:

mom said...

Hi luv,
This is sooooo true; little ones can sometimes be so pesky with the "tattles" etc. and then the next minute are unexpectedly delightfully insightful or funny. I loved those days. So glad you recognize their joy. I think adults overlook this lovely time in a child's life in the business of schedules. It is the great privilege we have as teachers and parents to slow down and enjoy these moments and the opportunities to influence a young mind for the future.
Blessings,
love mom