Friday, October 21, 2011

Done and on with the next

Report cards, parent/teacher interviews, crazy first term DONE! I am looking forward to second term, it shall be far less of a mess than this one. To cap it off, I started with a class of 18 rug rats, and for math it was boosted up to 24 with 6 early language learners to help through major math terms, on top of which a handful of second language learners I already had in the class to help with lower level of language comprehension. Then, a slew of unusual parent issues and things that seemed to come in large waves, and THEN my class was split in two, a month ago, but only part-time and I was still in charge of giving full-time report cards marks, comments, and interviews for 18 of the 24 students, 10 of which I only still had part time. All that and only able to use half my classroom space because the other half is in rotation to the pre-k kids for use of our smart board. Major report card vamp 2 weeks before they were due, teachers responsible for compiling and arranging in final order, based on a an elusive draft curriculum and anything else we chose to use, sort of, still not clear on that no matter how many questions I ask, yet keep it linked to all other grades and the high school too, wait, do I know that information? Nope...... Oh, and major changes in my TA help halfway through the term. Vague is all this forum can handle, specifics would baffle. But its done, term two has great promise in store. Parent/teacher interviews were the last of my stress for now, and they went incredibly smooth, so much for all my worries. Ah, looking ahead to new, leaving behind the old, wonderful:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christian, You are SOOOOO expressive and let it all hang out. That is healthy. If you didn't do it you would be hanging onto all that crap, which is actually gone now with Term 1.Onto better and brighter and bigger and more brilliant moments. You sound amazing to have dealt with all of that. Be sure that you write this down somewhere because there will come a time when someone in an interview will ask about your most challenging experiences and how you dealt with them. Write it down because you won't remember amongst all of life's other challenges. I would give you an A++++++ for stamina, understanding AND survival.Sue